Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 9 - Giving Back

For the past few weeks I have spent a good amout of time in the community I am studying. I have learned many new things and have benefited from the group. It is now my turn ti give back.

I have noticed the AIGA doesn't have a very large presence on the internet. With myself having a large experience in web design, I want to help them with that. I have joined the communication committee and have volunteered to help out with the website and blog. I hope to have a well done website by the end of this semester.

As for our class, I believe they can benefit from know about AIGA also. Graphic designs is a large art of everyone's lives, especially on the internet. Some majors are closely related to graphic design and can benefit form the topics discussed at the meetings. I believe majors such as architecture, interior design, fashion, and many more could benefit from the AIGA meetings.

AIGA has helped me also. I have been able to communicate with many professionals in the industry. I have also been able to show my current school work to many upperclassman. This review by the upper classmen has often resulted in my work receiving a high grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment